Volunteer or Donate
QC Closet2Closet is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization and as such, your monetary and merchandise donations may be tax deductible.
Donating Items to QC Closet2Closet
- We happily accept donations of all-season, gently worn clothing and shoes that are preteen and teen age-appropriate. We also accept:
accessories (belts, scarves, hats/mittens/gloves, handbags, wallets, neckties, etc.)
- new socks
- new underwear (exception: bras may be gently worn)
- new fleece blankets
- new hygiene items (soap, body wash, deodorant, toothpaste, toothbrushes, shaving cream or gel, disposable razors, make up, nail polish, perfume or cologne)
To arrange drop off or pick up of your donated items, please contact us at email@example.com or (309) 235-8786.
Donating Funds to QC Closet2Closet
Monetary donations are used to support operations (inventory storage, display, laundering, care package materials, and communication/referring agency outreach) and special programs. We are an organization that is fully operated by volunteers, so funds do not support salaries.
Donations may be mailed to:
PO Box 6838
Rock Island, IL 61204
Volunteering with QC Closet2Closet
We offer a fast-paced, fun opportunity for volunteers! Many of our volunteers are teenagers. We ask that volunteers under the age of 14 be accompanied by an adult. Volunteers are needed to help with a variety of operations, including:
- assisting shoppers
- laundering and sorting clothing
- communicating with referring agencies
- preparing and delivering care packages
There are other ways that community members may support QC Closet2Closet:
- Host clothing, sock, underwear, or hygiene item donation events or drives.
- Host fleece blanket tying events. Our guests LOVE to receive new blankets and this popular opportunity makes for a fun team-building opportunity for Girl Scout or Boy Scout troops, service organizations, or youth groups!
- Spread the word! If you know youth who live in foster care or who are homeless, send them our way! If you know preteens or teens who are cleaning out their closets and would like to donate to same age peers, please tell them about us!
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (309) 235-8786 if you or an organization with which you are affiliated would be interested in volunteering with us!